Translate

Monday, July 21, 2008

A touch of the whimsical

This month's topic at Gardening Gone Wild is whimsey and I have to say, I almost skipped it because I don't feel that there is a great deal of whimsey in our garden. I've been running across things though and I would think, "That might be considered whimsical" and decided to join in. Some of these objects probably don't fit the category at all but I threw them in for good measure. For a better look at things whimsical, check out some of the links on the GGW blog.

First of all, I'm a huge fan of statuary, plaques, ornaments, birdfeeders, wind chimes, you name it. A few years ago, during a trip to Mentone, Alabama, we found a wonderful little shop that sold unique handmade items. This wind chime is made with forks and spoons - perfect for the vegetable garden, no?

whimsey4

They also had these cute little things made from broom handles

whimsey14

I did a presentation on hydrangeas for the Master Gardener's a few years ago and this is what they gave me. I believe this was made by an Alabama artist.

whimsey10

Our garage wall is adorned with plaques from our various trips and vacations.

whimsey6

More bric a brac on the garden wall

whimsey12

The chandelier that I discussed in an earlier post

whimsey13

On a similar note

whimsey1

Wind chimes again. A good thing to know - Target carries Smith and Hawken merchandise!

whimsey5

Cute little bunny hiding in the ivy

whimsey3

I love faces!

whimsey15

I have an affinity for Pan and the mythological story

whimsey2

Plus he's such a sexy dude

whimsey9

whimsey7

You better believe it!

Share/Bookmark
Post a Comment