Translate

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!



It is sunny and cold today as I sit here watching the birds outside the window and contemplate an article assignment that is due in 5 days. Perhaps my New Year's resolution should be to stop procrastinating and get things done. I don't know, I think I might work better under pressure. :) The photo above is actually from 2007. We've already had some snow this winter and I'm sure we have more on the way in 2011.

I hope everyone had a nice New Year's Eve and Day. We were actually awake this year to see it in (unheard of, we are rather unexciting homebodies). We invited a few friends over for some chili and a game of Mexican Train dominoes and we had a great time. We toasted the New Year in with thunderstorms brewing outside as we had a quick sip of champagne and some kisses before getting back to our game.

Resolutions? I'm not making any this year. I'm hoping that we have a great gardening year and better weather this year. And please - no drought! I don't have any major projects in mind for the garden. I will be sharing some of my blog postings with Alabama Gardener magazine this year (as soon as I have the link for that, I will pass it along). I am also determined to update my regular website (A Southern Garden) as I have neglected it this year.

In the meantime, I wish all of you out there peace, health and happiness for 2011!

Text and photos by Phillip Oliver, Dirt Therapy

Share/Bookmark
Post a Comment