Translate

Friday, April 20, 2012

Roses already!

"Buff Beauty" (left) and "Rambling Rector" (on pergola)

The roses are a month ahead this year. I'm in the process of doing an inventory of all our roses and I plan to share photos of all of them during the next month (if I can get them photographed!). At one time, we had around 130 - 150 roses but I don't think there are as many today. There is much more shade in the garden now and that takes a toll on the roses as well as other sun lovers. 

I am not liking this early season. I haven't even had a chance to get the weeding done before the roses bloomed. Maybe the temperatures will stay in the normal range and we will at least have a long blooming period.


A hybrid musk rose named "Moonlight"




Text and photos by Phillip Oliver, Dirt Therapy

Share/Bookmark
Post a Comment