Tuesday, December 10, 2013

SolaRadiance Planter

The good folks at Young's Plant Farm sent me this unique product to review back in October and I have to say that I've enjoyed it very much. SolaRadiance is a solar-powered planter that gathers energy from the sun and illuminates at night.

It was a breeze to set up - just peel off the plastic tab off the top of the solar light, open the battery compartment (it comes with an AA battery), and screw the lid to the solar light. Add potting soil to the container and plant. Connect the trellis piece to the container and it is ready.

Place the planter in a sunny area. I have it outside our kitchen nook window, not the sunniest of spots but enough for it to work for a few hours at night. Mainly, I wanted to put it in a spot where I could easily observe it from inside the house. It would be perfect for a patio which is where I intend to move it next spring.

The light casts a soft, opaque glow that illuminates the plants in the pot as well as lights up the surrounding area. The light stays on for about 4-5 hours for me and again, that is with limited sunlight. I look forward to trying it with different plants and locations in the spring. After almost two months, the battery is still going strong.

The SolaRadance planter can also be used indoors. This is a very beautiful product and one that will greatly enhance your garden and outdoor entertaining areas.  For more information, visit the SolaRadiance website.


 Text and photos by Phillip Oliver, Dirt Therapy

Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It is always nice to bring light into the garden.

sanda said...

Interesting product; have not heard of it. I love lighting in the garden at night so I will have to check it out. Thanks!

Anne Boykin said...

Hi Phillip, Looks interesting. I will watch for them in the stores next year. I, too, am always looking for lights for the nighttime garden. Hope you are enjoying the holidays!

Kylee Baumle said...

Ooh, I like this!

Carol said...

Very nice! Hope you are having a wonderful Holiday season!

Edith Kent said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing. Light in the garden is wonderful.

rosedalegardens said...

Love this. Merry Christmas to you and Michael.