Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Oprah does gardening

So I'm home on my lunch hour and flipping channels while I'm eating and stumble across Oprah. I rarely watch her show but she caught my attention with this hunky gardener who had apparently made over her neighbor's balconies. I had never heard of him although her website claims that he is a big star in Australia. Anyway he's welcome to come weed in my garden any time. :) It was obvious though that Oprah knows nothing about gardening. She had never heard of a mother-in-laws tongue, for heaven's sake! I will give her two thumbs up though for her show today. Everything she touches turns to gold so maybe she'll inspire more people to start gardening. Her show gave a huge plug to Lowe's - the store's name was mentioned in every other sentence. And, at the end of the show, she gives all the audience members gift boxes (supplied by Lowe's of course!) to start their own window boxes and they scream and yell and act like they just won a million dollars.

7 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your site! Yes Oprah knows nothing about gardening...but she know alot about everything else! The guest corrected her when she said "add some dirt" he said we call it "soil" tee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I just cannot see Oprah in gardening duds, digging in the dirt. And yes, we do call it dirt down here! At least Oprah got that part right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oprah doesn't have to know gardening...she's Oprah! Jamie Durie, on the other hand...he's on my Favorite Things list. I'm particularly possessive and have considerable control issues when it comes to my garden...but he can get in my bed anytime! Err...*cough*...I'm referring to the flower bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie Drurie hosts the Victory Garden which is very odd to me since the Victory Garden is quintessentially American and Jamie is, while delightful eye candy, Australian with a strong accent. Curious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie sure is a hunk and been popular for years here in Oz. Should have seen him in his man show days. lol He is a great gardener.

    ReplyDelete