Translate

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Storm damage

We had more severe weather last night. A line of storms came through around 11pm. I was on the computer in the middle of responding to an e-mail when the power went out. It was out until 5am this morning. I didn't think we had any damage. I was out all morning and got home around 1pm and went out to get the mail. It was then that I saw that the "Autumn Blaze" maple had been hit. Two large limbs, one hanging, one already down. It was sad seeing this but other people have had much worse things happen. I saw a lot of trees down around town this morning and there was damage to the water lines in town. The lines have been fixed but we are still under a warning to boil our water before drinking it until it can be checked for bacteria.



Text and photos by Phillip Oliver, Dirt Therapy



Share/Bookmark
Post a Comment