Skip to main content

Featured

Upcoming Plant Sales

There will be FOUR events in the next few weeks, so mark your calendars and be sure to stop by one (or all!) of them. All proceeds help benefit our local schools. Each of the sales will offer native plants (note that some are not on the Portland Plant List). Please see below for more details about each sale! Fort Vancouver High School Plant Sale: Wednesday, April 24, 8am-6pm, Thursday, April 25, 8am-5pm and Friday, April 26, 8am-4pm Native plants available: Trees:  Cascara, Oregon White Oak, Vine Maple, Douglas Fir, Western Hemlock, Western Red Cedar;  Shrubs:  Mock Orange, Flowering Red Currant, Red Twig Dogwood, Cascade Oregon Grape, Baldhip Rose, Nootka Rose, Douglas Spirea, Thimbleberry , Serviceberry, Red Elderberry, Blue Elderberry, Black Hawthorn, Salmonberry, Golden Currant, Smooth Sumac, Salal;  Groundcovers : Western Yarrow, Wild Ginger, Sword Fern, Goldenrod, Blue-Eyed Grass, Soft Fruited Bulrush, Tufted Hair Grass, Oregon Sunshine, Maidenhair Fern, Checkermallow, Sedum Spat

Gardens of the Shoals presentation



This Sunday I will be doing a presentation at the Unitarian Universalist Church on Pine Street on "Gardens of the Shoals". I will be showing photos of gardens in the area, including our own garden, that I've written about for Alabama Gardener Magazine. So, if you need some motivation for next spring, do come by! The program starts at 11 a.m.

Comments

  1. Love the photo. I'd love to come by if I were local!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica and I might need to make a road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd definitely be there if I could. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I would be right there in the front row if I lived closer. Have a good showing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phillip that shot of your garden is just sublime! Garden perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that shot!

    You have good taste Phillip.

    I'd like to be there, sadly there's the matter of a small geography problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next time do a live feed, so we can all see your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck. I would love to go but it is a bit of a drive. I agree on the webcast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey this is really good work. I love this blog.

    I am a mom from the bizymoms Florence community and would love for you to share it with the moms in the community.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that a shot of your garden? It's stunning! Wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts