I've been tagged by Lisa at Shower Fresh Garden to list 8 things that make me happy. Actually, this might be relaxing because this sure is a stressful time of year. Getting ready for our big party this weekend, wrapping up things at work (only two weeks until my long break!) and dealing with getting our plumbing problems fixed is taking a toll. So, thinking about good things might be a good thing.
Here are the rules:
When tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Post these rules before your list, then list 8 thoughts that make you happy. At the end of your list, you must tag and link 8 other people.
1) Chocolate (any kind!)
2) Reading - It seems that I don't have time to read as much as I'd like but I do love getting into a good book.
3) Movies - especially old movies. The film noir era of the 40s is my favorite.
4) Gardens - not just real gardens but photos of gardens. I can spend hours looking at garden books and gardening magazines.
5) Cats - They comfort me.
6) Birds - Not always a good combination with the above but I do enjoy watching them, especially in the winter. My favorites are the cardinals, goldfinches and hummingbirds. There is nothing more beautiful than seeing a cardinal in the garden with snow on the ground and branches.
7) Baking - mostly a winter activity. Love trying new recipes.
8) The comforts of home - I love being at home, inside on a rainy day, just lounging in my sweat pants and flannel shirt watching tv, reading or maybe in the kitchen baking. My favorite times are the rare occasions when we get snow and get a few days off from work. Those are magical times for me.
Now, time to get back to the real world! I'll tag the following bloggers:
Pam at Digging
Chuck at Whoreticulture
Christopher at Outside Clyde
Annie at Transplantable Rose
Sky at Between
Carol at May Dreams