- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.