Much to my dismay, I have cut back on sugar consumption. Difficult, because I love sweet treats, but on the other hand, I want to be a healthier person. I still like to bake and I've just discovered "Prue Leith's Cotswold Kitchen" on You Tube and enjoying it very much. That said, I normally make a dessert at least once per week, but I try to have only a piece or two, and share the rest. Going through some of my cookbooks, I came across a series of books by Todd Wilbur, who reproduces recipes from popular chain restaurants. In the first volume, I saw the Ruby Tuesday Strawberry Tall Cake and remembered that it was a favorite of ours. I haven't visited a Ruby Tuesday in ages and I don't know if they still serve this. I decided to give it a try and it turned out pretty good. The photo I took doesn't show the cake layers and is not a very good representation, but you get the idea. Actually, we thought the best way to eat this was in a bowl, kind of like a t...
Comments
I am not sure though as there are no leaves on your plant.
Sorry about the poison ivy - it can be devilish! I love veronica - but hate the name "ironweed". How big are the pear-like fruit? And even in a less than spectacular autumn color year, the sourwood appears to be performing beautifully! I wonder if bald cypress would develop knees if it got less water (we are on high ground)? It sure is pretty! Anyway, thanks for the great photos!
The fruit is the size of a small pear.