Thursday, December 1, 2016

Cannon Beach

cannon-beach-6

We had precious little time to get to Cannon Beach but we were determined to make it before sunset. Cannon Beach is about a 30 minute drive from Astoria. These photos were taken at Ecola State Park and the place is simply breathtaking. I am afraid my photos do not do it justice. I had little light and no tripod so they are a bit soft and grainy. I will have to make a trip back again.

cannon-beach-1
We braved the elements and a risky pathway to get to this cliff but it was worth it. Paul & Cindy enjoying the spectacular view.


cannon-beach-8
The first thing we saw upon entering the park were elk.


cannon-beach-7

cannon-beach-5

cannon-beach-4

cannon-beach-3

cannon-beach-2

Text and photos by Phillip Oliver, Dirt Therapy

7 comments:

  1. Stunning photos. So moody! Darkness. Gray skies. Silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first pic makes you feel like you are right there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous spot! I just love moody, stormy beaches like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the soft quality of some of the pictures, they paint the brooding mood of the weather nicely and are a nice contrast to the other sharp images. I've never been to Cannon Beach. Must go there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoyed seeing your beautiful photos. Thank you, Phillip!

    ReplyDelete