Skip to main content

Featured

Swapping Huckleberries

Himalayan Honeysuckle ( Vaccinium glauco album)  Himalayan Honeysuckle ( Vaccinium glauco album) has been an attractive feature along our north-facing foundation since I planted it in 2016. You will have to take my word for it since I cannot locate a photo although I know one exists somewhere in the realm of the Internet or floating on a cloud somewhere.  I did locate a photo of how it looked when it was first planted - It took a few years to fill out but it did so nicely to an attractive mound about 2 feet high by 3 feet wide.  Last year, it started to look bad.  I cut it back but it had not improved and this is how it looked a few weeks ago - I decided to rip it out and plant another huckleberry - this time Vaccinium ovatum , more commonly known as the "Evergreen Huckleberry".  This is a plant that I've wanted for ages and kept putting off getting one because I could not find a good place for it. By most accounts, this is an amazing plant, a native one and excellent for

The Garden From a Different Lens


It is always interesting to see someone else's photographs of your garden. My friend and co-worker David Goddard was recently over. He is an excellent photographer. Here are some photos he shared -















Text and photos by Phillip Oliver, Dirt Therapy

Comments

  1. He really captures the lushness. The textures and colors foil each other so well. I was curious about the perspective of the graveled area; it surprised me that he didn’t zoom in more, as this is a blank area. I’m no photog, tho. These are magazine worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, Phillip. Interesting how others often see different things than we do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. Your garden would be lovely no matter who was taking the pictures but David has a great eye and used it well. My views of my garden are usually filtered by all the things that need to be done. If I can step away from that and enjoy it for what it is at that moment, it always shifts everything and sometimes even takes my breath away. Thanks for sharing these beautiful views.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks lovely from any angle, Phillip. The sixth photo offers an intriguing view I don't think I've seen before. however.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't have recognized it as your garden! Except for the purple wall... Totally different perspective, just as gorgeous though!
    Chavli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful no matter how you look at it. I do agree that others look at our gardens different and it is fun to see it in photos their way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. David is an excellent photographer, and you are an excellent gardener!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts