Skip to main content

Featured

Wildlife Botanical Garden

I made another visit to the Wildlife Botanical Garden in Brush Prairie, about 15 minutes from our house. We had visited earlier in 2018 . Since that time, it was not surprising to see that things had really grown. I was looking over the photos from my earlier post and I didn't even see certain plants this time (for example, the Mimosa tree).  Fall flowers, like rudbeckia and asters dominated - Most of the plants were labeled but not all. I would like to know what this plant is - an aster I'm guessing but not sure which one. Also, this beautiful pine. Plants that I did recognize - Pearly Everlasting ( Anaphalis margaritacea ) Abelia 'Frances Mason' Bluebeard ( Caryopteris ) Red Bark Dogwood ( Cornus alba)   Dwarf Red Osier Dogwood ( Cornus sericea 'Kelseyi ) Cockspur Hawthorn ( Crataegus crus-galli ) Hydrangea paniculata Sweet Crabapple ( Malus coronaria ) Persicaria but not sure which one it might be Highbush Cranberry ( Viburnum trilobum ) Scouler's Willow ( S

August Flowers

Georgian Fleabane (Inula orientalis)

Lots of blooms for August, mostly from annuals, but I will begin with the perennials.

Heliopsis 'Fire Twister' - much happier now that I moved it.

Peruvian Lily 'Indian Summer' (Alstroemeria)

Himalayan Honeysuckle (Leycesteria formosa)

Aster 'Kickin' Purple' and Ornamental Fountain Grass 'Karley Rose'

Phlox 'Jeana'

Pineapple Lily

Rudbeckia 'Little Goldstar'

Sedum 'Autumn Joy'

Echinacea 'White Swan'

A few shrubs..

Abelia 'Frances Mason'

Heather 'Multi-color' and Wiegela 'Wings of Fire'

More heathers ('Firefly' and 'Multi-color') with Snapdragon

Hydrangea 'Ruby Slippers'

Hydrangea 'Vanilla Strawberry'

Rose 'Marjorie Fair'

And finally, the annuals...

Celosia (I forget the name)

Celosia 'Burning Embers'

Fuchsia 'La Campanella' and Coleus 'Wasabi'

Geranium 'Vancouver Centennial'

Snapdragon

Strawflower 'Harvest Orange'

Portulaca

Lantana

Nemesia

Petunia, Bacopa & Cordyline

A new variety of Petunia that is actually a cross between Petunia and Callibrachoa



Text and photos by Phillip Oliver, Dirt Therapy

Comments

  1. Beautiful!
    maurus from Estonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, and today's post is exceptional. So many beautiful shrubs and other types of flowers. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. August is looking great in your neighborhood, Phillip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're still house hunting so I live vicariously through photos of your garden. Since we arrived June 3 just after your June 1st garden tour, is there any chance you'll be doing a late summer tour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ardith, I haven't planned any upcoming but you can come any time. Just drop me an e-mail (my address is on the contact page). Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Oh, WOW! Wonderful garden, it is really exceptional. The picture with the heathers and the snapdragon has me speechless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts