Skip to main content

Featured

Professional Pruning

I rarely resort to hiring help in the garden but I'm learning that sometimes it is wise to do so and worth every penny. Case in point - some hideous out-of-control trees that were beyond my ability to deal with. If I were smarter, I would have tackled these issues from the beginning but I didn't know better. The first is a pear tree that was planted along the back fence line. I've worked on this for the past several years, every year with the intent of reducing the height or possibly removing it altogether. As you can see in the photo, I had cut back everything but three limbs and finally realized that it would be dangerous for me to try and bring them down. The limbs grow straight up into the air and the remaining three are about 20 feet tall.  After -- there is a hole in the sky view but the tree should fill in nicely for a good screen and I can keep it trimmed down from this point forward. Farther down along the fence line, and the view from the deck, are two massive pho

Entering the Blogosphere

So why I am starting a blog? I barely have time to maintain my garden, read the ever increasing stack of books on my bedside table or watch all the dvds that are arriving from Netflix. For the past ten years, I've maintained a gardening website and I keep hearing from readers who say they would like to see more frequent updates. Perhaps by blogging, I can share more about my garden on a more steady basis (but don't hold me to to this!). I do think I can post photos and experiences that I might not have a place for on the website. Who knows how this will turn out or if it will be a worthwhile experience. I'm willing to give it a try!

Comments

  1. Great Website! Beautiful Roses! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dirt Therapy,
    I can see your writing expertise is going to come through perfectly to complement your web site involving gardening and plants (Dirt Therapy). This forum is certainly going to be an encouragement to many. Thanks for your hard work and commitment in the past and for the many years toward the future. DW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed my first visit to your site...lovely photo's...and I can see how the Dichondra silver FALLS~ got it's name...beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts