Friday, July 27, 2012

Muffins



I spent most of last night in the kitchen baking goodies for a retirement brunch for the lady who has cleaned the library for many years. We were all sad to see her go. Since it was a brunch, I decided to make bran muffins and chocolate muffins that are actually more like brownie cupcakes. I also decided to make chocolate banana cookies at the last minute. The recipes for the muffins are on my baking blog. I will be adding the cookie recipe later this weekend.

Tonight it is pizza, the sofa and catching up on my favorite program "The Chew". It has been a long week!

Text and photos by Phillip Oliver, Dirt Therapy

11 comments:

  1. They look delicious...and I can't wait to check out your cooking blog! Who knew? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look sooo good. I don't bake nearly as much as I used to. My grandson will be visiting next week and I think he would love the chocolate ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be big as a barn if I hung out with you guys. These look so yummmy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay a baking blog! Have you tried the banana chocolate chip espresso muffins from the Baked cookbook? They are my go-to recipe for muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the others, am headed over to the cooking blog. I mix cooking with gardening and a little family stuff thrown in. Your muffins look good....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chew also! I listen at work or watch during lunch. Would love to cook with Mario or Michael! Wouldn't that be fun! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love chocolate. I had read your post earlier on the MAM blog and copied it to make them later. I have figs coming in, fig and choc muffins? I'm getting tired of cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, I love the "Baked" cookbook. It has been a while since I've made anything from it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, a friend gave me some figs and I've been trying to figure out how to use them in a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phillip, I agree with Lisa. I would be as big as a house too. you stay so slim! Muffins, cookies and Pizza? If I try to eat ANYTHING I enjoy I gain 5 or 6 pounds as punishment. LOL My metabolism must hate me. I sincerely hope you are gettting this good rain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. how great is that muffins and very useful for us, i shell be regarded with owner. here

    ReplyDelete