The O'Byrne Winter Garden in Eugene
Rounding the corner, I stopped in my tracks when I saw the largest 'Chief Joseph' pine tree I had ever seen. I've long wanted this but kept talking myself out of it because it is always too expensive. We carry it from time to time at Yard n' Garden Land where I work. I'm not sure I would have room for it but I'm sure I will be pondering it again this year. This specimen is about 20-25 years old.
A magnificent row of Red-Twig Dogwood (not sure what variety this might be) -
Cyclamen coum - reading about this in their book perked my interest. A co-worker shared some with me. Mine doesn't look this good yet -
Peacocks in the pasture next to the gardens! There was also a white one but I didn't get a good photo of him -
The following photos are from the "Chapparel Garden" -
On the other side of the garden is a shady woodland path -
The front of the garden is bordered by a large grove of bamboo. Notice how they trenched around them -
I can't wait to visit this garden again!






















Comments