Skip to main content

Featured

The Wet, Wet Garden

After worrying about the rain deficit (we were below normal for April), Mother Nature generously rewarded us with an abundance of rain this past week. I am not going to complain although I do wish it would skip my off-days. Today (Saturday) is an especially wet day. I ventured out briefly and took a few shots. The plants grow so fast from the rain. Text and photos by Phillip Oliver, Dirt Therapy

Thomas Vetter's Garden - Another Revisit


I've been trying to catch up on visiting some of the HPSO Open Gardens this summer and one that I can't pass up is Thomas Vetter's garden in Portland. It continues to inspire me. He is a master at putting plants together. 








Persicaria 'Painter's Palette'





The above photos are from the back garden. He also has a nice collection of succulents -






In the front, a large Parrotia was recently removed. Of course, he used the logs to make an artistic monument -


And, in the back again, one more photo of the lovely Robinia Tree along the back border-


I highly recommend a visit when his garden is open. The Open Gardens directory can be found on the HPSO website

Text and photos by Phillip Oliver, Dirt Therapy

Comments

  1. Such a peaceful, painterly garden! Someday I'll get up that way to take advantage of the HPSO open gardens...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine putting in the forest grass, hosta, etc combination and immediately knowing that it was a stellar compilation of color/texture. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. His collection of succulents has grown considerably since my last visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts