I scream for ice cream!
I have a weakness for ice cream and would eat it every night if I could (darn those calories!). Here is a recipe for an ice cream cake - it is delicious and so easy to make, a child could do it. Of course, extra gardening chores or an additional mile around the track may be needed after you eat it. :)
Ice Cream Cake
15 Oreo cookies
1 TBS. milk
8 to 9 ice cream sandwiches
1 pint vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt*
1 pint chocolate ice cream or frozen yogurt*
1 pint strawberry ice cream or frozen yogurt*
8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line sides with wax paper.
2. Crush 12 of the cookies in a food processor. Add milk and pulse until the mixture just holds together. Set aside.
3. Unwrap the ice cream sandwiches and cut each one into 4 quarters (first cut in half lengthwise, then cut in half crosswise). Place the sandwiches snugly together on end around the wax paper inside the pan. Spoon the cookie crumbs into the center of the pan, pressing firmly on the bottom. Freeze for 1 hour.
4. The ice cream should be slightly softened (about 10 minutes) before using. Transfer each container of ice cream to a bowl and stir it to achieve a spreading consistency. Remove pan from freezer. Spread one flavor of ice cream in the pan, smoothing it until level, then repeat with the two remaining flavors. Top with the whipped topping. Break apart the 3 remaining cookies and sprinkle over the top. Freeze overnight.
5. To serve, remove side of pan, then remove the wax paper.
*You can use any flavors you want!