Much to my dismay, I have cut back on sugar consumption. Difficult, because I love sweet treats, but on the other hand, I want to be a healthier person. I still like to bake and I've just discovered "Prue Leith's Cotswold Kitchen" on You Tube and enjoying it very much. That said, I normally make a dessert at least once per week, but I try to have only a piece or two, and share the rest. Going through some of my cookbooks, I came across a series of books by Todd Wilbur, who reproduces recipes from popular chain restaurants. In the first volume, I saw the Ruby Tuesday Strawberry Tall Cake and remembered that it was a favorite of ours. I haven't visited a Ruby Tuesday in ages and I don't know if they still serve this. I decided to give it a try and it turned out pretty good. The photo I took doesn't show the cake layers and is not a very good representation, but you get the idea. Actually, we thought the best way to eat this was in a bowl, kind of like a t...
Comments
XXX
Are you finding the flowers drying rather early this year because of the extreme heat?
I was perusing your site and saw the hydrangeas you posted last summer.
We live in east central New York State where the hydrangeas tend to be mostly white unless you feed them a lot of Hollytone or, the like.
We first saw the blue hydrangeas out in and around Cape Cod, Mass. and on the islands (Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard). Our attempt at buying a plant that produces a blue flower was disappointing until we learned it needed some assistance with that.
We now have a nice blue hydrangea that we feed often enough to keep it that way. We also mulch it with pine needles in the winter, which helps the cause.
You're pretty good with that camera. Congratulations to you for your really attractive site and interesting content.
Dave from Home and Garden 911