Much to my dismay, I have cut back on sugar consumption. Difficult, because I love sweet treats, but on the other hand, I want to be a healthier person. I still like to bake and I've just discovered "Prue Leith's Cotswold Kitchen" on You Tube and enjoying it very much. That said, I normally make a dessert at least once per week, but I try to have only a piece or two, and share the rest. Going through some of my cookbooks, I came across a series of books by Todd Wilbur, who reproduces recipes from popular chain restaurants. In the first volume, I saw the Ruby Tuesday Strawberry Tall Cake and remembered that it was a favorite of ours. I haven't visited a Ruby Tuesday in ages and I don't know if they still serve this. I decided to give it a try and it turned out pretty good. The photo I took doesn't show the cake layers and is not a very good representation, but you get the idea. Actually, we thought the best way to eat this was in a bowl, kind of like a t...
Comments
I did get a Buff Beauty this spring! It's small (maybe 16") and hasn't bloomed yet, but it is putting out new growth, and I'm hopeful for next year. It is having some problems with blackspot, and a good section doesn't look like it will put out new growth. I have two questions for you:
1) Do you have any tips for blackspot other than spraying and picking up infected leaves?
2) Where will next year's new growth originate from? I've only grown ramblers, and they just shoot up new canes near the base.
Thanks!
Edith, so sorry to hear you have deer problems!
All is looking very fine for so late in the season, I think summer has deserted us here in the UK as it is very chilly and autumnal ... in AUGUST !!