The Out of Control 'Iceberg' Pillar Rose
Do I cut it back or try to wrap the canes? My first plan was to get the pillar off the rose and rewind all the canes again. I soon realized that it would be an impossible task without cutting most of the rose to release it from the cage. So, I resorted to the second plan and started to bend the upward canes downward and wrap it around the pillar from the top to the bottom. Surprisingly, this went better than expected. The canes are fairly pliable and not too as thorny as I thought.
The end result is a bit sad to look at but it will be interesting to see how it responds this year -



Comments
I've never grown a rose and I hope your plan yields the results you are looking for. Last year's photo is beautiful, but I just wonder if 'Climbing Iceberg' is just too vigorous. Looking forward to summer update. (typing "summer" felt good.)