Stepping Into May
The rhododendrons are beginning now -
![]() |
| 'Percy Wiseman' - beautiful but suffers from lacebug. I'm considering replacing it or maybe I will try and treat it. |
A favorite right now is the Chilean Potato Vine (Solanum crispum 'Glasnevin'). This plant is hardier than you might imagine. Some sources list it as a "9", others an "8". It is going on its third year in our garden, having been moved once. It is sheltered somewhat by a fence but it is on the east side of the house. It gets sunlight until around 1pm and shade the remainder of the day. I love this color, it is probably my favorite.
![]() |
| Chilean Potato Vine (Solanum crispum 'Glasnevin'). The flowers you see are actually cascading down from the top. The vine is actually planted on the opposite side of the fence. |
![]() |
| Epimedium |















Comments