Barnsdale Gardens (Rutland, England)

Barnsdale Gardens

A collection of 38 small gardens, each one unique and covering a specific theme, Barnsdale Gardens was the creation of Geoff Hamilton, the host of "Gardener's World" from 1979 until his death in 1996. I am a big fan of "Gardener's World" and watch it every week, although I didn't watch when Hamilton hosted it.

It is my understanding that the gardens here were actually used in the filming of the show.

Geoff Hamilton bust at Barnsdale Gardens

Barnsdale Gardens





Rose garden at Barnsdale Gardens









Text and photos by Phillip Oliver, Dirt Therapy

Comments

tz_garden said…
It's so lovely. I watch Gardener's World, too. So many episodes, and I think it lowers my blood pressure within seconds of turning it on.
Kris Peterson said…
It's a wonderful garden. I've missed the Gardener's World episodes this season - I'll have to play catch up soon I think!

Popular posts from this blog

Pruning & Transplanting Clematis (and other plants)

Winter Projects

Ruby Tuesday's Strawberry Tall Cake