Skip to main content

Featured

The Wet, Wet Garden

After worrying about the rain deficit (we were below normal for April), Mother Nature generously rewarded us with an abundance of rain this past week. I am not going to complain although I do wish it would skip my off-days. Today (Saturday) is an especially wet day. I ventured out briefly and took a few shots. The plants grow so fast from the rain. Text and photos by Phillip Oliver, Dirt Therapy

Street Views


I rarely get photos from the street. In this case, I was across the road talking to my neighbor and took some photos on the way back. We got 1/2 inch of rain on Monday and the garden responded nicely.







Text and photos by Phillip Oliver, Dirt Therapy

Comments

  1. Breath taking view! Am I correct in seeing no sidewalk? The only access point is by the mailbox? (I wish you had added a photo of the "before" view, from the time you had just purchased the house. I'm certain it's unrecognizable).
    Chavli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct, the only access from the front is by the mailbox. There is a side entrance from the driveway. If I did it over again, I would have liked to move the main entrance down a little toward the middle and made a curving path to the front door instead of the straight path that is there now. I will rustle up an old photo.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful shots, Phillip! The lighting was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I found myself saying "Oh my gosh" out loud when I saw the first picture. Amazing colors, textures and varying heights. Just right! It is truly beautiful. Your neighbors are lucky ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your neighbor who lives across the street must have one of the best views in town. I'd sit outside in the street with a cup of coffee every morning enjoying your garden instead of my own!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts