Skip to main content

Featured

The Wet, Wet Garden

After worrying about the rain deficit (we were below normal for April), Mother Nature generously rewarded us with an abundance of rain this past week. I am not going to complain although I do wish it would skip my off-days. Today (Saturday) is an especially wet day. I ventured out briefly and took a few shots. The plants grow so fast from the rain. Text and photos by Phillip Oliver, Dirt Therapy

Autumnal Equinox 9/23/23


Today is the official first day of fall - the Autumnal Equinox when the sun passes directly over the equator and progresses southward.  Weather-wise, it certainly feels like fall with the temperatures only in the 60s today and our first major rain event beginning tomorrow.

The garden looks good considering it is soooooo dry. The rain is needed badly. I glanced through the Farmer's Almanac while Michael was shopping for fabric this morning and the winter forecast for the Pacific Northwest is colder and dryer. On a brighter note, next summer is supposed to be cooler.









Text and photos by Phillip Oliver, Dirt Therapy

Comments

  1. Your garden is looking very colorful on the first day of fall. Enjoy that rain! I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phillip, your gardens are always so beautiful. These pictures look like paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fabulous. Just love your garden and your posts. Always inspiring. Always gorgeous. Cheers, Phillip

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm envious of your variegated Dogwood wolf-eyes. I fell in love when I saw it in your Alabama garden. The pink and gray phormium in front complements it beautifully.
    Chavli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has really gotten much bigger here than it did in Alabama!

      Delete
  5. Your gardens are always so beautiful. Our Equinox came with my favorite kind of fall weather-- rainy and cool. Perfect for reading. And after the drought we had, it was a welcomed change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks so lush even if it has been so dry. My garden is quite parched. Plants look wilted for the most part. I am looking forward to cool and rainy. I hope this fall brings the rain at least.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts